Candied Lemon Peals
| Today I made a standard batch of Iced Tea with fresh squeezed lemon. However, I did not want to wast the left lemon peals left over. Therefore, I decided on using the excess lemon to make Candied Lemon Peals.
- 1 Lemon
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Cut 1 lemon into halves and then cut each half into 8 pieces.
- Remove the extra pulp and seeds on each of the 16 wedges and lightly scrape the inside of the peal with a teaspoon to remove excess inner rind.
- Cut each of the 16 wedges into small slivers no wider then a quarter inch.
- Heat in a small sauce pan lemon with water until it starts to boil. Boil for 60 second, drain, and repeat one more time.
- Add ¾ Cup sugar, 1 Cup water, and lemon peal into the sauce pan and bring to a rolling boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 1 hour. Siring every 15 minutes.
- Strain lemon syrup into a jar (good for mixed drinks) and lay lemon slivers on wax paper for 15 minutes.
- Pat lemon slivers into loose granular sugar until each piece is covered evenly.
- Remove lemon silvers from sugar and let cool further.
| Read Insta-comments -> http://ift.tt/1lzFvWz