Rebuilt from the ground up, the WooCommerce Discus Comments and Ratings is packed with even more features.
The plugin adds administrative functionality to the WooCommerce settings allowing you to target where the comment thread and comment counts can be displayed.
This allows you to show how customers are conversing over your products. It is great for digital downloads and a community forum for self-service support and suggested enhancements.
This adds additional functionality and support to the legacy plugin WooCommerce Disqus. Users of the legacy plugin that have a paid version of this extension will have a one click option to import their previous rules.
Place the Disqus Comment Thread on Product page:
- Free = Corrects Native Disqus plugin from loading in a way that causes errors across PLP & PDP
- Free = Add a new tab to PDP for Disqus Comment Thread to show
- Paid = Replace Comments tab with Disqus Comment Thread
- Paid = Add Disqus Comment Thread under the product tabs
- Paid = Add Disqus Comment Thread under product summary
- Paid = Custom Target where to insert Disqus Comment Thread on page
- Paid = Import legacy plugin settings for easy activation
Show Comment count on PLP and PDP:
- Paid = Add Discus Comment Count on the PLP with default placements
- Paid = Custom target Discus Comment Count on the PLP
- Paid = Add Discus Comment Count on the PDP with default placements
- Paid = Custom target Discus Comment Count on the PDP
Adds Network Support
- Paid = Manage all of your sites main activation of core features from the network admin
- Paid = Quick links from the network admin to each sites detail setting pages
Multiple Ways to Identify your post IDs
- WordPress Post ID (default – free)
- Product Parent SKU (paid)
- Variant SKU (paid)
- Product WordPress Slug (paid)
This allows you to target how comments are rolled up and displayed from Disqus.
Please let me know if there are any feature requests or changes that can be add to the Disqus Comments for WooCommerce add-on by sending a contact message or adding a comment to the feature blog post. The change log will also be held on the feature blog post page.